The world’s first barista standard reusable
coffee cup, designed to replace disposable cups.
Hot Coffee. Cool Planet.
Most disposable paper cups have a water proof coating made of synthetic latex and wax or polyethylene, and cannot be recycled.
Each year in Australia disposable paper cups account for an estimated:
• 5,500 tonnes of landfill;
• 206,250 trees felled;
• 274,500 gjoules of energy (enough to power 4238 homes for a year).
KeepCup aims to support and encourage a change in the way citizens of the world enjoy their takeaway coffee . KeepCup is the first barista standard reusable cup.
What makes the KeepCup different?
The KeepCup is made in industry-standard sizes so it integrates seamlessly into any café outlet.
The internal volumes are the same as disposable cups.
It has been designed to be easy for the barista to use - not compromising the speed or quality of service.
A great takeaway coffee (aside from the art and skill of the barista) is dependent on three factors:
1. The coffee shot and the integrity of the crema on the shot.
2. The portioning of milk to coffee.
3. Speed and accuracy of service.
KeepCup has considered all these elements and seals completely to keep your coffee hot and easy to transport.
What’s so good about the KeepCup?
– Manufactured in Melbourne from polypropylene #5 – the safest food grade plastic, BPA free. Non toxic.
– Sealable lid and sipper hole.
– Pleasing to drink from with the lid either on or off.
– Lightweight and stackable.
– Dishwasher and microwave safe.
– Fits in car cup holders.
– Possesses superior thermal properties to paper, china and glass
– Small and medium cups fit under the group heads of espresso machines.
Coffee preferences on band
Each KeepCup comes with a thermal silicone band.
All coffee preferences are debossed on the band. Etch with a xylene permanent marker to reveal your coffee preferences. This ensures that when several KeepCups are handed over, the barista can verify which coffee should be made in which cup (of course this will not work with black or dark chocolate bands).